Special Interest Group meetings
All of the Special Interest Group meetings will be held on Sunday, 1 August 2010 prior to the IMC9 Opening Ceremony.
It is now no longer possible to book the Special Interest Groups via the conference website. Places are still available in most sessions and you will be able to book at the conference registration desk however all onsite registration will be on a first come first served basis.
For Special Interest Group Meetings that are marked as full there may be places available on the day. Please check with the registration desk at the conference for further details.
All Special Interest Group meetings will be held at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC). For your room location please see the summary below.
Sunday, 1 August 2010: 10:00-12:30
- Anaerobic fungi: Neocallimastigomycota
- Bioluminescent fungi: their biology and use as experimental tools
- Cryptic speciation in lichen forming fungi
- Ecological role of hyphal structures in interactions between fungi and other organisms MEETING FULL
- Education in mycology
- Evolution and biodiversity of basal lineages of fungi
- Filamentous fungi as model systems in eukaryotic cell biology
- Food mycology
- Fungal photobiology
- Mathematical modeling of fungal growth and function
Sunday, 1 August 2010: 13:30-16:00
- Biology, biodiversity, evolution and systematics of the Erysiphales MEETING FULL
- Gene expression in fungi
- New technologies for fungal research
- Modelling fungal colonies and communities
- Molecular diagnostics of fungi/novel techniques in detection of fungi from environment
- Mycology in Africa: successes and challenges in a developing continent
- Post-genomic approaches to understanding interactions between fungi and their environment
- Biology of clinically important zygomycetes
- The fungal cell wall
- Colletotrichum: Species, ecology and interactions
- Genomic Methods in Fungal Community Ecology